Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Productive Weekend

Since Ronny's boat interior is being redone we spent the weekend working around the house.

About a month ago I acquired some wicker furniture in need of some TLC from one of our cabins. This one of the awesome perks of my job...when a homeowner gets new stuff they almost always say to throw out the old, which is normally is too nice to go in the dumpster. So, I staked claims on it and brought it home.
This is what it looked like when I got it.

After about 12 cans of spray paint I got it repainted, and I LOVE it!
And yes, you're not seeing things. That is a cement cow in the woods. She was here when we bought the place and was purple. We decided to keep her so I repainted her. A purple cow in the woods was just too weird for me.

Ronny also worked on his project of putting 'chicken house tin' under the deck to give it a more rustic look.
Here's before

And here's what he did


While we were finishing our projects up, Mom and Dad came over to help pick in the garden.

We've got tomatoes running out our ears! I'm going to have to learn to can these bad boys so they don't go to waste! I'm going to make/can some salsa too.

I've been really proud of my cantaloupe plant mainly because Dad told me they wouldn't make. Well, he was wrong! I had 3 pretty little melons growing. 

 Since all the animals are running free now the Bunnies have had free range of the garden. Ronny told me he had seen Spot in there munching away but I thought he was just giving me a hard time. 
On Saturday this is what my poor plant looked like.
By Sunday this is what it looked like

What blows my mind is that they haven't touched anything else in the whole garden. I guess they just prefer cantaloupe. So, we've put up some chicken wire around it so that maybe the one left will be able to continue growing. *fingers-crossed*

Here's some pics of what we got out of the garden on Saturday




After we finished our projects we headed over to Ryan and Caroline's for dinner. Menu consisted of all fresh veggies - green beans, fried squash, fried okra, corn on the cob, tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers - grilled chicken and blueberry crunch for dessert. It was extremely yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment