Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rabbits, Bunnies & Hares, oh my!

Last week I caught a glimpse of a baby bunny!! 

I was/am so excited! Spot and Buggs Bunny dug a 'rabbit hole' under the big tree a long time ago and I have been patiently waiting for nature to take its course. Although, now it seems as if Spot has disappeared and Snowball fathered some babies with Buggs...

So, Ive been on Bunny watch ALL week! I was bound and determined to catch at least one.
I had no idea how to catch them but I was determined to do so. While walking around the chicken barn a 2x10 board screamed at me to look behind it.
 And there they were! So, at this point I knew I had at least 2 babies. In being so excited I scared them and was unable to catch them.

Now that I knew they had a hiding place, I was confident that I could catch one.
First I caught the gray one, then a white one and then a brownish gray one. 
 Final count is: 2 white, 2 gray and one brownish gray. I have yet to catch the other white and gray ones. The guys and gals that I have caught are living in my chick brooder, which works perfect for now.

I also adopted a new Bunny as well.
Meet Cocoa...




No comments:

Post a Comment