Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Dirtbike for a 3 year old? Really?!

Yes, it is true! Somehow, Ronny managed to talk me into purchasing Wd a dirtbike. I'm not really a 'Worrying Mom' so him talking me into it was pretty easy. We want Wd to be one of those kids who will do anything. No scaredy-cat, glued to video games kid for us! So, getting him interested in this stuff young is our plan.

After church on Sunday Ronny set out on a mission to find a bike. He search craigslist and called a million people. It was down to a Yamaha pw50 or a Honda CFR50. The pw was more practical, but Wd being so big for his age he would have out grown it within a year. Meaning another purchase in the very near future. So, we opted for the Honda.
After a trip to Winder this is what we came home with.

Ronny had to order some training wheels, ultimately meaning Wd wouldn't be able to ride it [alone] for a few days. Which didn't sit well with Wd or Ronny. So, while walking around at his parents house Ronny found a dolly to rob the tires off of, bought a metal rod and Rhonda fashioned up a mounting plate.
Resulting in this...

And they work really well!! We took it over to Maria's so him and Tristan could ride. They had a ball. 
Wd did have one crash where he managed to get it stuck between neutral and first gear. It popped into gear and slung him off. He handled it well and got right back on. 
I have lots more pics and videos to post of Wd and Tristan riding. I will get those posted up asap!


Now on to the animals.
All the chickens and goats seem to be very happy. Although I don't think the hens are enjoying the heat because egg production is way down. Which is OK by me. There for awhile I was over ran with eggs!
The newest Bunny which I introduced as Cocoa in my last post has been renamed.
Meet Chocolate Bunny
Wd called him his Chocolate Bunny from the get go and it has stuck.
I also managed to catch another baby bunny! 

Our sweet Bizzy is just under 2 weeks shy of her puppies being born!
Ronny says she looks miserable and I told him she probably was. I remember my last 2 weeks of pregnancy and it was...miserable. Ronny has prepared himself for the birth by watching YouTube videos. Which I find hilarious and a little gross but, he's never been around it so I give him credit for wanting to be prepared.

I'll end with a couple pics of how BoBo and Bizzy ride in the back of Ronnys truck. 







No comments:

Post a Comment