Monday, April 13, 2015

I lied...


Seeing a few ladies I went to school with recently started blogging reminded me that I had a blog sitting out in cyber space.
My last post, in March 2014, said I was going to start blogging again after a 2 year drought.
Well, I went another 1 year.
Sheesh.

...Fast forward...
Oh, how our lives have changed.
Lets play a tiny bit of catch up.

April 19th of 2014 Wyatt raced his very first motocross race at the Calhoun Supercross on the 2008 KTM 50JR that I mentioned in my March 2014 post.

Here's his very first podium picture.


Who knew that one race was all it would take. He's been FULL blast putting in countless motos. According to Wyatt's Hookit account, he's raced 80 races in the last 51 weeks! Whoa.
He's raced on local tracks and Pro National tracks in Alabama, Florida, NC, SC, Tennessee, TEXAS...and even on the infield of the Daytona International Speedway.

In one week shy of a year Wyatt's worked his tail off to go from that 5th place plaque at Calhoun to bringing home 2 National Titles!

Say whhhhat?? I know. Crazy, right?!

So, if you got nosy and read any of my old posts you'll see lots of farming, animals and "Suzie Homemaker" type stuff. That's changed as well. I'm down to 2 goats and the dogs: Bo, Bruno, Puppy and Bella. OH! And Kenny, Wyatt's cat.

We're an almost full blown moto-family...I say almost because Wyatt still attends regular school, when majority of the kids who race full time are home schooled.
We are anywhere from 2-6 hours from home nearly every weekend.

So instead of bottle feeding calves and raising chickens; I'm a gear washing, helmet shinning, goggle cleaning, tear-off stacking, graphics applying, AMA rule book toting MotoMom.

I plan to use this now to keep up with Wyatt's Motocross "career"...however long that may be. Days, weeks, months or years. As long as he loves it, we'll tote him around to as many races and training days needed to fulfill his dreams. 


I'll leave you with the adorable picture of 3 year old Wyatt on the day we bought the Honda.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment