Sunday, May 15, 2011

Chicks, Fencing, Gardening and a Water Dog...

Sunday-Tuesday my chicks hatched. I ended up with 8. Not as many as I had hoped for, but better than last time. Only one green egg hatched, which was a total bummer.
I did what your not supposed to do and helped number 8 out of his shell. I had been watching him closely because he had only made a hole about the size of a quarter in his shell. I figured he would make it out fine, but by Tuesday I decided he needed help. From what I understand this is not something you are supposed to do. If they can't hatch themselves then they will die...so I've read. I'm proud to report that #8 is just a healthy as the others. I'm very happy I decided to help him, rather than let him die in the shell.
Here they are...
 Super cute, I know!

Fence construction is officially finished as well!!! This is the top corner. The wood line is where it ends.
 
We are leaving the chickens in the coop until the grass grows in.
Stella and Little are out and extremely happy!

Bella has also shown us her love for the pond! It's full of pad poles right now and they drive her crazy. She stands on the edge like this...trying to eat them.
Next thing you know she's in there swimming around!

It's awesome! I guess I should have Labradors because I have always wanted a dog that loved the water. Bruno likes to go on the lake but doesn't just jump in on his own. So, I'm hoping Bella will be our 'Water Dog'.

Saturday we planted the rest of the garden. What a task that was! But it's done, and that's all that matters.
 
 I guess that pretty much sums this week up.
I did finally get my new camera, so no more iPhone pics after this post! It's a Panasonic Lumix and so far I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment