Sunday, May 8, 2011

Is Jesus in that hole Mom?

Today is Mother's Day! Thankfully I have an amazing Momma and Mother-in-law in my life! Not really sure what I'd do with out them! Hopefully one day Wd will be able to say the same.
I also have a sister, 3 sister-in-laws, and friends that treat wd like their own. That it self means the world to me.
Aside from Ronny being an awesome Daddy & Hubs, he is the best gift giver EVER! He always catches me off guard! I had dropped several hints that I wanted a new camera. Well, instead of going and buying one, he gave me the cash to go pick out the perfect one! So, camera shopping is on the list for the week!!

Now on to what happened this past week...
Wednesday and Thursday, Max & Ruby died. I'm not sure if it was the cold snap we had or the carrots that Dad had given them. Wd handled it fine. He told me that PawPaw was going to get him some new ones.
While digging the hole for Max I explained to wd that Max had gotten sick and was going to be with Jesus. We talked a little about it, then in an extremely serious tone he looks in the hole, back at me and says "Is Jesus in that hole Mom?" It was so sweet and hilarious! I waited for Ronny to get home before burying Max, I didn't want him to freak when I actually put him in the hole. All I could imagine was my scarred 25 year old son telling people that his mother buried his beloved bunny in front of him at the age of 2! HA!
Anyways, Ruby followed suit on Thursday. Ronny said that apparently I'm not meant to be a rabbit rancher.
If we do decide to replace them we will be buying some larger rabbits. I've never had much luck with baby rabbits.

On a lighter note, Ronny and company have been working their tales off on the fence. They ran water to the fence and up to the barn on Friday. Which I'm very happy about because that means no more hauling 5 gallon buckets of water across the yard from the house to the animals. And no more stretched out water hoses for the garden. YAY!

My eggs should be hatching tomorrow or Tuesday! Dad built me an awesome brooder to put them in once they hatch. I had been using a huge heavy duty plastic tub. The box is going to be awesome! It is up high enough so I won't be bending over to get in it and they wont be able to fly out the top. It has a mesh bottom as well with a tray under neath to catch their droppings. I think the new chicks will be VERY happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment