Friday, June 24, 2011

A night for the history books!

Awesome.Amazing.Insane.Crunk.Unforgettable.Unreal...I could go on and on.
Writing about the NKOTBSB concert is no where near as fun as telling it.
This was my 4th time seeing BSB and Elyse's 5th (yes, she went once with out me when my parents wouldn't let me go...it was terrible).

We started the night by having dinner at Rosa Mexicano. It was A-mazing.
After that we sat in traffic for what seemed like forever.
Earlier in the day when I got our tickets out I was reminded that I had snatched some aisle seats. That was a pleasant surprise, aisle seats meant no crawling over people to go potty. ;)
Once we got to Phillips we started looking for our section, 106. Surprise #2 of the night...we were Club Level, so super comfy seats.
Jordin Sparks opened for them and she was really good.
Once the guys hit the stage it was non stop for nearly 3 hours. We were worried that we had managed to get stuck in a group of no fun older people (which ALWAYS happens to me at concerts). We were wrong. They were just old NKOTB fans. I thought the lady behind us was going to pass out when they came on stage. It was quite funny. I don't think there was one person sitting down during the whole show. 
About three quarters of the way through the ushers rushed past us putting up the heavy black ropes on each side of the aisle. I immediately freaked, I knew someone was coming up or down our row. This happened during a New Kids song and they did walk up our aisle but stopped about 10 rows from us. Once the finished the song the lights went out and I noticed that the ropes were still in place. About that time the spotlights hit just above us. Surprise #3...We turned around and there was Howie!! Everyone freaked out. I had my camera on video and made a short one of him until Elyse grabbed me, almost ripping my arm off, screaming that AJ was coming (he's always been her favorite). I slammed my camera to picture taking mode and started snapping. Getting this super awesome shot...
 Yeah, that's Elyse shaking his hand. He said 'Nice to meet you' and I thought Elyse was gonna pass out.
We went on to scream back and forth at one another for a while. Once we calmed down we enjoyed the rest of the show.
It was an amazing night and I will never ever forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment